Monday, October 1, 2012

It's been a long time...

So much has happened since I last wrote on this blog.

I had my third son Isaac on July 31st. When I went to my 38 week appointment he was breech so I decided to let my doctor do an external version on me. We got him head down but then he flipped around again. So the next week they wanted me to come in and they were going to try to flip him and induce me. Luckily he went back head down in the meantime. But I was induced anyway so we wouldn't have that problem again.

Isaac was born at 4:47 pm and he was our biggest baby at 6 lbs 13 oz lol. I have really small babies!
Here's a picture of me and my littlest guy :)

 and here's one of him just the other night,

he's still pretty tiny but he's growing and starting to smile which is the cutest thing in the world :)

In other news, my best friend is getting married Friday so I had a bachelorette party for her this past Saturday. The Saturday before that we celebrated my middle son's 3rd birthday. So it's been pretty crazy here. Plus the dress fittings and all the other stuff. I've felt bad that I haven't been available to her that much. I'm the matron of honor but life is so crazy that her and I have been like two ships passing in the night. We don't get to even talk much anymore.

I had started to breastfeed the baby but I think by now I've pretty much failed at that. Things were going ok when I got a kidney infection. They usually give sulfa drugs and you can breastfeed with those but I happen to be allergic to those to I had to take something else. Everything that is effective for kidney infections you shouldn't breastfeed with. So I had to pump and dump for 2 weeks and as the two weeks went on I started pumping less and less because I just couldn't find the time where the kids weren't fighting or crying or getting into stuff. I was also so miserable with the infection that I just didn't want to pump the first couple of days. After the wedding I'm going to try to take Mother's Love and pump and feed more and see if I can build up a supply but we will see.

My oldest has been so bad at listening that we have actually made him earn his own birthday party. He has had to earn 50 stickers by the end of tomorrow. He only has 4 more stickers to earn and I'm very glad that he finally turned around and has done what he needed to do to earn stickers. I didn't want to take his birthday party away but I felt that drastic measures were needed. I wasn't sure if he would earn all 50 stickers but he has really surprised me these last few days. This momma's heart is glad that he did what he needed to do and I don't have to take it away :)

So in 3 weeks we will be having another party. In between there we are homeschooling our oldest, trying to teach our middle shapes, colors, numbers etc., spending time with all three of them. Plus the cleaning, laundry, cooking etc. etc. etc.

I feel like I don't have a second to myself lately. I'm trying to enjoy every second I get with my baby because he will most likely be my last but it's hard. I usually fall asleep early and so I don't get time to myself or time with my husband. I know things will settle down but it's crazy. Also, of course right now my husband's job is getting ready for inventory so he's working 6 days and crazy hours and then it will almost be time for the Christmas season in his retail job. Come on January! That's when things will finally settle down lol.

I hope everyone is well and I make no promises when I will blog again but I will try to get back here more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment