Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Checking things off the old to do list and a link up!

We have a list a mile long that we need to complete before Isaac gets here in August (probably more like the end of July. I seem to go early with my babies). We have to get the room ready for our third boy and that is going to take a lot of work. Yesterday though we finally went through the toys. We threw away three garbage bags full of broken and filthy (what do kids DO to toys to make them so dirty?!) toys. Plus, now everything has a place and it will make cleaning the living room and their room (only once a week. It's my oldest sons responsibility) much easier.

Now we just have to paint and clean the carpet. The move all the furniture around and hang up curtains and pictures. Then after the room is done we get to move outside and fight the never ending battle of the weeds. I have never in my life seen a house grow so many weeds! Our yard is half creeping charlie, the flower beds are over run and the driveway (which is half brick) is a green carpet of weeds! It's only March too and it's only going to get worse! So we have a lot of work ahead of us.

I am so looking forward to Easter this weekend. I feel like it's going to be a new time for me. A fresh start. He is risen and I hope that I can get closer to him this year. Any big Easter plans from my readers? My sons are going to sing during the church service. I can't wait for that. It's going to be the first year I get to see them singing.

Just a small post to get back in the swing of things today. I'm also doing a link up for the first time. I wanted to try it out and I love to discover new blogs too :) I don't have a button for my blog yet (trying to get all of this figured out) but if you could just link back here I would appreciate it.

I don't have a set of specific rules about posting for the linkup. Your post can be old or new. It can be about crafts, family, religion, marriage. It doesn't matter to me :)













1 comment:

  1. Awesome link up! If you are going to set one up every week feel free to add it to my directory http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/p/linky-parties.html

    ReplyDelete