Thursday, November 17, 2011

Since life is settling back down...

I think it's time to get back in the swing of things :)

For today's post, I wanted to show what I am thankful for since Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

I am thankful for my silly husband. He makes me laugh, he stands beside me, he encourages me to dream, he puts up and sometimes follows my crazy ideas, he LOVES me, and he loves the Lord

(This picture was taken on Halloween. This is the hat to my youngest sons costume. It kept falling off so he put it on and pretended he was a pirate for the picture lol)


I'm thankful for my sons. They have inspired me, caused me to grow, and made me realize that I don't need 'things' to be happy. I feel like they saved my life. I was going nowhere in life. Bouncing around doing whatever I 'thought' might make me happy. I realized what true happiness was when my oldest was born. My oldest made me a mom and my youngest made me a better mom. I realized that I wanted to do things better for both of my sons when my youngest was born.


I'm thankful for my little house. I've wanted to move, and I've hated how my house looks for a long time now but, I realized my little house is home. I'm thankful that we have a home, I'm thankful for all the wonderful memories we have made here. We became parents in this house. I'm also thankful that my in-laws bought this house for us to rent. We are SO lucky and blessed because of them.
(I don't have a good picture of the outside of my house. So here is the inside looking at part of the living room and dining room from the front door. This was my oldest sons 6th birthday last month.)

I'm thankful for me! I actually like myself a lot more than anytime I can remember previous. I've changed a lot of bad habits and I like to think that overall I have changed for the better. I found my faith and it made me grow. I still have work to do on myself but I can honestly say that not only do I like me, but I'm proud of me :)
(This is the day we got baptized in August)

I'm thankful that the Lord has never given up on me. I'm thankful that my sins are forgiven. I'm thankful that I have found new life in Christ. I don't think I will ever be able to properly state how much my faith means to me. In my darkest moments God was there. I am proud to be a Daughter of the King. He is my redeemer.

My life isn't perfect and it isn't ever going to be. But my life is filled with the Love of Christ, my family, my friends, my dreams and my hopes. I'm blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment