Friday, October 28, 2011

Been out of commission lately,

I've been so sick since June and it's really affected everything in my life. But we have a diagnosis and I see the light at the end of this tunnel! My gallbladder is infected. That is what has been causing all my fevers. So I am having it removed next Friday November 4th.

If all goes according to plan I will leave the hospital on Saturday and take about a week to recover. There is a chance that they will not be able to do the surgery laparoscopically and I will have to have the surgery the old fashioned way. Then I will be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days and it will take me 3 to 4 weeks to recover.

It's scary either way because I've never had surgery before but it's almost over! Either way by December I will be healed and will be able to enjoy the Christmas season. We will be able to get back to homeschooling and do more fun things. We will be able to get out of the house and play in the snow and go to the library. I'll be able to keep up with laundry and my house will always be clean again. I will be able to keep up with my crocheting projects and my book reviews. I'll be able to stop feeding my family tv dinners and actually make dinner from scratch!

I'm scared but I'm excited. It's been a long road and we have been so stressed out here. One more big hurdle and we can get back to life again! So I probably won't update my blog again until after I heal but after that I think I will get back to blogging! I have lots to write about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment