Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Preschool graduation and a mommy's bittersweet feelings...

Last night my oldest son graduated from preschool. It's been a fantastic program for him with dedicated teachers who actually care. We've been SO blessed to have him there.

Here's the graduate being silly...


But now as we face kindergarten in the fall, I'm quite frankly filled with terror. I want to homeschool our son's but my husband wants to send them to school. So we have been looking at buying a house in a better school district so that way I can at least feel like he his learning what he is supposed to. But that process is not going so well right now.

So my husband said that I can homeschool my Monkey for as long as it takes to get us settled in another town then Monkey can go to school. I feel like this is a great opportunity to show my husband that homeschooling is great. So we will see how this all plays out in the next couple of months.

But either way, my heart hurts. I feel like I blinked and my little preemie baby has turned into this handsome big boy. I want to cry out at time for going so fast. I want to cry out at myself for not savoring every single moment. I get sad because time has marched on and I can't remember what Daemon sounded like when he was 1 or 2. I've tried to document and save everything I can but sometimes time marches on too fast.

I feel like my husband and I missed out on time to teach him about Jesus because we weren't Christians until he was 4.

I want this little boy and his little brother to have a heart so filled with Christ that they never have to doubt and falter like I have done. That is one of the most important aspects of parenting to me.

All I can do is pray everyday that I have done what I am supposed to and savor the time I still have while they are little.

So since I'm feeling nostalgic, here's baby pictures from my boys...

Daemon

and Tristan



This post is linked up at...

No comments:

Post a Comment