Thursday, May 12, 2011

News and such

So the bank that owns the house we bid on went with another bidder. Our backup house has a bid on it and we are back at square one. We did find a house that was promising on realtor.com so we are going to look at it as soon as we can. Luckily my husband has vacation next week so we have some time to get stuff done.

It's been a learning process for us so far. Now we know that if we like a house we need to put a bid on it asap and don't wait. We also decided that we aren't going to try for anymore long shots with property. We are only going to go for a house we know we can afford at the asking price. We figured in this economy we could probably get a bigger house for less but we don't want to take chances anymore. Asking price is what we are looking at and if we can't afford a house at that price we aren't going to try. We just wasted two weeks going after a house that we didn't get in the end and that normally wouldn't be a bid deal. We would just move on but time is a premium right now. Daemon starts kindergarten in August and we need to be moved in by then.

I'm hoping that this new house we saw will work out. It's beautiful, older, and cheap. It has such beautiful woodworking throughout the house. Beautiful pocket doors and a stunning staircase. Also the room sizes are very generous. It's pretty much everything we said we wanted. My husband and I just had a conversation about this the other day. We basically want a home that has the character of an old home but the space of the newer homes and this house seems to have all of that. I'm not going to get my hopes up until we see it but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

I'm hoping that wherever we end up that we have enough room to put in a garden. I want to try my hand at canning. I see food prices going up and up and I think it would be a good idea to have some stuff stored. I have no idea how to can but I'm sure that I will eventually figure it out. Right? Hopefully lol. I wonder if there are canning classes anywhere around here. Might be something to look into after we move.

I'm still praying that everything will work out. I must admit though that finding out that both the houses we liked slipped out of our reach yesterday really threw me for a loop. This process has been very easy for us and I guess I just expected that it would keep being easy. Maybe this was God's way of shaking me up and not becoming complacent.

It's really been a growing process for me these past few months. I keep getting thrown out of my comfort zone. In the end it's really good. It's made me grow as a person more than I thought I could grow. I know that I still have lots of growing to do to become the woman that I want to be but I'm getting there with God's grace.

Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment