Monday, May 9, 2011

It really irks me...

This post has been brewing for quite a few days now and I've stewed and simmered about it but I've put off writing this blog post until I calmed down and was able to write about it calmly and not fly off the handle like I am prone to do (but am trying to change!).

My husband and I went to a major bank to get a mortgage. They ran our credit and said that I could not be on the mortgage. I figured it was because of my credit. Many moons ago when I was young and stupid I got into some financial trouble and really didn't care at the time. It's really bit me in the behind a few times now but I've been working hard to raise my credit score.

But it turns out that is not the case. Because the bank ran our credit, my husband and I both got paperwork that states our credit scores. There isn't that much difference between my husbands score and my own. The only reason I can't be on the loan is because I don't have employment history these past two years because I decided to stay home with my children. I could have a perfect credit score and I still wouldn't be able to get any line of credit.

It's things like this that make it so hard sometimes to live in the world but not be of it like the Lord wants. I felt a calling to come back home and now if something should happen to my husband it's going to be hard for me to get anything for myself. I follow the Lord because I know that He knows better but there are always things like this that get to me.

Then I can hear the enemy whisper, "If something happens to Doug, you are not going to be able to make it" and I know that's a lie but somehow I always let it take root in my heart and then I have to spend time weeding it out.

Hopefully being self employed will take care of all of this but I don't know.

Well that's my rant for the day lol

1 comment:

  1. Ok....so I see your point. I started my own daycare then after being a stay at home mom for five years got both my bachelors and a masters and still couldnt find a job!!!! Did that stop me? Guess......lol I now run my own company. Its not Mary Kay or pampered chef either. I love both.... Mary Kay and pampered Chef nothing wrong with them sorry! Okay....I lied dont wear Mary Kay. God is good!

    ReplyDelete