Friday, May 27, 2011

Grace, the flipside to my last post...






So now that I've had a night to think about what I wrote yesterday (you can read it here) I realized that there is another side to the anger and frustration, and that is grace.

Dictionary.com has three different definitions for grace but I'm going to talk about the last one which is, 'favor or good will'

As a Christian, I'm given grace by God even when I fail or sin. As a human, I have trouble extending grace to other people, especially when they bad mouth my religion and God. It gets my back up and sometimes I have trouble logically stating an argument.

This is something that I personally need to work on. I'm still hot tempered especially when there is attitude thrown from the other side first. I have trouble stepping back because Jesus is such a huge part of my life that when people talk about my religion in a bad way I feel like they are bad mouthing a family member.

I need to remember though, that Jesus doesn't love me any more than he loves someone who is bad mouthing Christianity or Christians.

It really can sometimes be a fine line between pride in your religion and and being prideful. It's also a fine line between presenting the Gospel in such a way that doesn't alienate people but also doesn't water it down.

I'm trying very hard in my life to actually live the Gospel but online people can't see that so all I have are my words and sometimes it hard to find the right ones.

I learned more last night by thinking and seeing this argument going on and my reactions to it than I have in the past few weeks. Now I have a clearer understanding of grace and mercy.

It's been a really long road for me to get where I am in Christ today. I've stumbled and fallen and turned away from God. I've been lied to by the enemy and told that I will never be the kind of woman that God wants me to be. But this situation and my thoughts about it have shown me that I am more like the woman in Christ that I want to be than I thought.


Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law, but under grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment