Friday, April 29, 2011

New things...

Well we are all set to go house hunting on Monday with our realtor. We got our pre-approval letter last week for the mortgage so the only thing we have to do is find the right house (well, and the 8 million other things that go along with that like the inspection and the paperwork lol). But we are on our way to being homeowners.

It's really bittersweet for me. I've lived in my town for most of my life. I know where everything is, all my friends are here, and I know exactly where I need to go when I need medicine at 2 am. Now we are going to be between a half hour to an hour away from here depending on where we go. I won't know where anything is for a little while until I get the 'feel' of the town.

I'm worried about my Uncle Keith. He doesn't have a car and he really only has a few people he can depend on besides me now that him and my mother don't speak anymore. Speaking of my mother, I'm afraid that if we don't reconcile before I move we never will. I just can't have the drama of her life affect my children at all. I don't want to go into details on here, it's just hard to know what to do in a situation like this.

It IS exciting knowing that we are going to be homeowners soon though. We get to walk in that front door and know that it's ours (well and the banks until we pay it off lol). The flowers I plant will be there year after year. I can decorate it any way I want too :)

It's hard to leave the (rented) house we are in now though. I was pregnant with my oldest when we moved in here. Now he will be six this year. That's a lot of memories in this old house.

Sorry if this is all over the place. I have a million thoughts running through my head lately and it's making me kind of scatterbrained :)

Until next time,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment