Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Lazarus Awakening" by Joanna Weaver

I didn't know what to expect when I requested this book. This book turned out to be such a blessing in my life at just the right time.

From the back of the book, "You believe that God love the world but sometimes you wonder if he truly loves you". I don't know anyone that hasn't wondered that at one time or another.

I've been at a loss on how to describe this book. So I guess I'll just start at the beginning. This book is about God's heart. It tells the story of Lazarus who Jesus loved and called back from death. In the book Joanna writes that we are all like Lazarus. Stuck in the grave, thinking we are safe there. But, Jesus wants to free us and have us live!

There is also a Bible study included with this book and I know that I gleaned more from the Bible study at the end of the book than I have in countless other books I have read. It's in depth, makes you think, and is scripture based.

I highly recommend this book. I feel like it's been such a blessing for me.

I got this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing through their Blogging for Books program. I received the book for free and was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts in the review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment