Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Same Life New Story" by Jan Silvious

I really enjoyed this book. "Same Life New Story" is a ten week Bible study designed to help you change the way you think about your life and how to write a new story that glorifies God and gets you out of the rut that you are in.

There are ten different women of the Bible that this book focuses on; Naomi, Leah, Rahab, Deborah, Hannah, Anna, Jehosheba, Abigail, Naaman's servant girl, and Elizabeth. Each chapter is broken up into a few parts. The chapter starts out with telling part of the story in the Bible about these women. Then there are stories from the authors life and the lives of people she knows that go along with the story of the Bible women. Then the Bible story is finished up.

Next come the study questions. There are personal questions, a journal entry with a sentence that you have to finish, and group questions. The questions are hard hitting, in depth, and really make you think about why you do the things you do.

I did this study by myself over the course of two weeks. So this study can by done alone but the group questions would be better done in a group of women. That way you can get insights from other people.

I highly recommend this book. I think it's wonderful and really does what it sets out to do. Change the way you think your life is and what you think it has to be.

I got this book from Thomas Nelson publishers through their booksneeze.com program. I recieved my copy for free and was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment