Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Grey Matter" by David Levy

This book is Dr. David Levy's story about how he began to pray with each of his patients before surgery. This was really an amazing book. It's such a simple story and such a simple thing to do but it was so powerful in his life and in the lives of some of his patients.

I really liked how Dr. Levy explained his reservations and fear when he began this journey. It made it more real to me. Just because God is leading you to do something doesn't mean that it's always easy to get past the fear and start.

I am glad the he included his successes and failures in this book. Both in surgery and in praying for his patients. God never promised us that our journey would be smooth and that everything he requires of us would be easy or easy to understand. This put a human face on the doctor and his patients for me.

I really recommend this book. Especially if there is something in your life that you feel God is calling you to do and you are to afraid to do. This is someone who has been there and faced his fear in such an inspiring way.

I recieved this book from Tyndale Publishers through their blog review program. I recieved this book for free and was not required to give a positive reviews. All thoughts are my own.

2 comments:

  1. i have this book and so enjoyed it.
    i agree with you that it is not easy for most of us to do things that seem scary to us, but are for God.
    thanks for this post --it helped me remember the author's name to share with someone else as my book is at my friend's place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the post :)I really enjoyed this book too. It's really an inspiring story and one that gives me courage :)

    ReplyDelete