Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Precious Moments Storybook Bible"

This bible was such a joy to get for my boys. My oldest expecially wanted to read it right away when we got it in the mail. The stories are short, in words that children can understand and also have lots of pictures to go along with the stories. The font is big and everything is bright and colorful to hold little one's attentions.

The Bible is broken up into four sections. Favorite Bible Classics, Words of Praise and Wisdom, More Stories of the Faith and Songs and Prayers. This is just a sampling of stories in the bible. Not everything is covered.

The Songs and Prayers section I found to be helpful to my situation. I'm trying to teach my oldest son to pray (my youngest is only one right now) and the only prayer I know that's short enough for a child to memorize is Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.

Overall I think this is a great Bible for young kids. I think that if you have a child age 7 or 8 and older this isn't the Bible you want to get them. But for children just learning to read or younger I highly recommend this.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment