Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Love and War" by Stasi and John Eldredge.

This book caught my eye for one simple reason, I love the writings of John and Stasi. They write in such a way that it makes you feel like you are talking to friends instead of reading a book. They also write in a very blunt style sometimes that I like. It's not sugar coated. "Love and War" starts out like that. In the first three devotionals they mentioned every time that marriage is hard. And it is.

I wasn't able to finish the whole book in time to get this review done but what I did read is fantastic. It's a way to sit down with your spouse every day and get insight into what the other is thinking and feeling. There is a prayer every day and a scripture verse that goes along with what they are talking about for the day.

I highly recommend this book for married or engaged couples. It's only 8 weeks and it won't take up much of your day. It's a great way to make sure that you have time for your spouse and God every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment