Monday, December 13, 2010

50 questions that will free your mind

This is one of my goals for my 101 in 1001. It sounded interesting and I wanted to give it a try :)


These questions have no right or wrong answers.

Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? A woman between young adult and middle age.

Which is worse, failing or never trying? In some things failing is worse and some never trying but overall I would say that never trying is failing.

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Because of the way our society works. We have gotten so far away from a simple life and try to constantly keep up with the 'Joneses'. I think that if people were happy with less we would have more time for the things we like to do.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Probably. I'm a talker and a dreamer but most of the time I never act on my dreams.

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I would love for every child to be safe, warm, full, educated, loved and cherished.

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? What I do right now. Raising my children.

Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am doing what I believe in. I believe that women are the caretakers of their homes and families and that's my role in life.

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would have started having my children earlier so I would have more time to enjoy them.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I don't feel I have controlled a lot. Sometimes I feel like I'm just caught up in a raging river.

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things.

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of
yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Let them finish talking and then just quietly say that she is a close friend of mine.

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Follow the narrow path to the Lord.

Would you break the law to save a loved one? If it was a life or death situation I would without hesitation.

Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Yes.

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Trying to dress modestly in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.

How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because we are all different. I also think that most people don't even know what makes them truly happy.

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Travel. We are in too much debt and the children are too young right now.

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes. The past with me and Doug.

If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move
and why? South Carolina. The climate, overall cost of living, and my aunt lives there.

Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Yes I do. No I don't believe it makes it go faster.

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton.

Why are you, you? All my experiences leading up to this point in my life.

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Yes.

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near
you? A good friend moving away. There is really no chance to keep being close.

What are you most grateful for? God, my husband, and my sons.

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Wow... um... never make new ones. If I lost all my memories I wouldn't remember my wedding or the births of my sons.

Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? I think so.

Has your greatest fear ever come true? Yes.

Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes I do. Not really.

What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Christmases. My parents made it magical for me.

At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Don't know

If not now, then when? When I am more sure of myself

If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing. It wasn't meant to be.

Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best
conversation ever? Yes with my best friend!

Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? The people following the religion. Everyone thinks they are right.

Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes.

If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No. I currently am a homemaker but even if I had a job I wouldn't quit for winning a million dollars. That would pay off debt and be invested for retirement.

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I enjoy doing.

Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yep.

When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly
believed in? I can't even remember. I haven't been that fearless in a long time.

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My family.

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or
famous? No. I want every year I can have.

What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Happiness, passion, and contentment with your life.

When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you feel ready.

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because mistakes can hurt.

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I don't know.

When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night at bedtime.

What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love the Lord and my family. Yes.

In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or
the day before that? Maybe, if something out of the ordinary happens.

Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you
letting others make them for you? I think a combination of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment