Friday, May 14, 2010

Crocheting thoughts

So I'm sitting here in my nice new redone bedroom. The walls are now a pale blue and I have new curtians and bedspread. I'm alternating between surfing the web on my little red laptop (so cute!) and crocheting. My kids are in bed and my husband and his best friend are playing a card game in the dining room which is right outside my bedroom. Life is peaceful and good right now. Being that I am just relaxing I've had a lot of thoughts running through my head.

I'm on a website for moms. I'm on there off and on all day. I'm in a group for surrendered wives and I'm in other groups about Christianity, cross-stitching etc. I'm also in a group that is just for venting. I've noticed a big difference in the women from my surrendered wife group and the venting group. The women in my SW group are very respectful in what they write about their husbands but no only that they are very respectful to each other.

The women in my venting group seem crude, foul, and hell bent on bashing all the men in their lives. From husbands, boyfriends, fathers, even sons. I realize it's a venting group but it just seems to go overboard to me. I've read things like, 'I will never let my husband do that' or 'if he doesn't help around the house more I am leaving him'. Where is the respect?

I don't understand why we women set about trying to change our men. Telling them that everything they hold dear is wrong. All the things they own will never go in the house, and that they will basically never measure up to our standards. Then women stand their angry and bewildered when the man pulls away.

Would you like to live like that? Would you like to be told every day that you fall short as a person? I know I wouldn't. I will admit I used to be just like those women that I write about. Nothing my husband did was good enough and we were both miserable. I'm so glad that I had my eyes opened and started down another path.

My marriage is everything i ever hoped it would be. And the only thing I did was take the focus off of changing my husband and started changing myself. As I started to change, he also changed. Not because I was forcing him to or wanted him to, but because I was a better person to be around. I became nicer, I laughed more, and the things that used to drive me crazy about him now didn't matter or I liked.

I also find that everyone in my family is happier because I am at home and I realized that this is where I want to be and this is where I am SUPPOSED to be. I know my view isn't a popular one (except with the ladies at the wesite, Ladies Against Feminism) but I think there is a wound that was dealt to the American family when the mothers were almost forced out of the home.

It's not a bad thing to be a homemaker. It's a noble thing. I want to be the one to raise my own children. I know that is not a politically correct thing to say but when a child is at a daycare from 6 am to 6 pm what time of the day is left? The parent takes the child home, feeds them, bathes them, and then puts them to bed. How is that raising a child? I worked in a daycare a long time ago. There were children that were there every day from open to close, five days a week.

What happened to getting satisfaction out of raising your children? Children are now regarded as burdens in our society instead of blessings. The family has no place in this society. And we all sit around and wonder what is wrong with this world. It's time for women to have a revolution and go back home. Raise our children. Be the glue that holds our families together. Stop trying to be better than men and just love being a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment