Tuesday, May 11, 2010

'Captivating' by John and Stasi Eldredge

I've sat on this book for awhile because I didn't know how to write a review that would encompass all of my feelings about this book. I know that a lot of Christians out there dislike this book because they feel this book gives more glory to humans than God. I don't feel that way. I think the way the authors approached this book made it so a woman can feel like she is worthy to God and an essential part of his creation.

I felt like the authors were honestly talking to me. I felt like they were saying, 'life has damaged you but God still thinks you are glorious and wants you to still reach out to him'.

This book came at a time where I was feeling like there was no place for a woman in Christianity. At this point in my life I can't live up to the Proverbs 31 woman. I was feeling down because I couldn't and I thought that God only wanted that of me. Reading this book reinstilled in me the fact that God wants me and loves me, faults and all. It reignited the fire of faith in me.

I highly recommend this book. In fact I have a line of women friends that are going to borrow this book from me. We are special as women and God sees that in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment