Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Walk Like You Have Somewhere to Go" by Lucille O'Neal

I didn't know what to expect when I requested this book. I knew nothing about this woman besides the fact that she was Shaquille O'Neals mom. I didn't even know if she had anything to say that was insightful or interesting.

I was so very pleasantly surprised by this book. I read it all in one sitting and I couldn't put it down. Lucille's outlook on life and her frank look at her past showed me that she has gotten to a place that many of us women strive to be. She is comfortable in her own skin. She has made peace with her past and keeps her eyes on her future.

This was such an easy read and presented in such a way that it almost felt like a conversation. She didn't 'talk' down to the reader. She just presented her life in a way that, to me, said 'this is who I've been, this is who I am now and I like that person'.

No comments:

Post a Comment