Friday, February 26, 2010

Kaledioscope by Patsy Clairmont

I got this book in the mail yesterday and I was so enthralled with it that I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing yesterday. This was one of the best books I have read in a long time. Patsy writes with such straight forward wit and charm that you can't help but get what she is saying. I also liked that Patsy didn't shy away from revealing herself and her struggles in the book. It really makes you feel like you can connect with what she is saying because she has been right where you are.

I really liked two things about the setup of the book. One, was that the proverbs she covered weren't in order. For me, it made it more personal. Like she just went through and picked the ones she really liked. Two, the chapters weren't long. They were each 4 or 5 pages long. So the whole book just felt short and to the point. There wasn't a lot of filler just a straight message in each chapter.

I would highly recommend this book to someone who wants to understand Proberbs a little better. It's really a fun, snappy book and the message really gets across. You don't feel like you didn't learn anything at the end of the book. You walk away having really got the message that the author was trying to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment